Thursday, July 8, 2010

Totally exhausted!

This last week has probably been one of the most mentally exhausting weeks I've had with the kiddos since they were tiny babies. Nap time and bedtime have become quite the challenge.
It all started when we got back from our trip to Colorado. I thought it was due to the fact that they had just not been on a normal schedule for a week, but fighting bedtime has continued this week too.
Anna and Brown have always been great nappers and bedtime was always easy, until now!
Brown starts screaming, not just crying, SCREAMING! It sounds like I'm torturing him the way he screams. Next it's Anna's turn. Then they are both screaming together in perfect harmony.
I've tried everything I can think of . . . comforting them, leaving lights on, letting them cry it out. It takes over an hour to get them down for naps. Bedtime has become earlier and earlier each night because it has taken them so long to get to sleep.
This is totally exhausting. It stresses me out.
I'm hope it's just a phase and they'll get through it, as long as I stay firm and patient in our bedtime routine.
Any tips out there you'd like to share with me? I'm open . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I feel your pain. We have gone through these stages. Stand firm! And dont give up!

    Sounds like your trying everything possible, it might just be a battle of the wills here. And thats exhausting! Make sure your getting plenty of rest too!

    Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete