Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red River, New Mexico

A few weeks ago we went with my parents to Red River for a couple of nights, but Clay had to stay in town for work. It was a great getaway from this hot Texas heat. The weather was perfect with lows in the 40's to highs in the 70's! My parents have been going there each summer since before I was even born. I have so many fond memories of Red River as a child, but I enjoyed it even more this year getting to take my own kiddos.
Anna and Brown enjoyed spending lots of time in the great outdoors! We played in the creek, hiked some trails, explored nature, and we even took a jeep ride up a mountain!
We definitely plan on returning to Red River again soon...maybe even later on this summer we'll take our Daddy!
Welcome to Red River!
Anna drove us up a mountain

Our view from the top-
So pretty!
Collecting rocks
Anna with her hiking stick
Brown & Mama on top of the mountain
My lil' flower child collecting flowers on our hike

Brown leading the way

Best friends . . .
Skipping rocks in the creek
Anna & Mama
My little cowboy says, "Yeehaw!!!!!!!"

1 comment: