Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crisco to the rescue!


This afternoon when we got home from running errands, I placed Anna & Brown in their highchairs for a little afternoon snack. All of a sudden Brown starts whining (which is pretty common for him) so I didn't think anything of it. I kept feeding them and Brown continued to whine throughout his snack. When they were finished eating, I reached down to pull Brown out and he let out a yelp! STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! His leg was stuck! He somehow managed to get his chubby little leg wedged between the side slats in his highchair. I panicked.

Then I yelled, "MOM!"

No answer.

I screamed, "HEEEEELP!"

No answer again.

I hollered, "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!"

Still no answer!

So I fumbled, and fumbled, and fumbled to get the tray to stick. I heard a CLICK! I knew the tray was secure, and I quickly darted into my Mom's room to get help. "Brown's leg is stuck in his highchair!" I screamed.

Mom had been napping and she was in a deep sleep, but she quickly jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen to help.

Mom held Brown still while I slathered some oil on his thigh . . . VOILA!!!! A little bit of Crisco saved the day!


Food thief!

2 comments:

  1. I understand you were worried about sweet Brown but video footage would have been nice! Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo glad you have a blog now!!! I just found it on Janai's! I wish I had known you were in Port A---we live just 30 minutes away! Next time you come down maybe we can visit!! Love those twinkies! Take care and good luck with your move to Midland!

    ReplyDelete